Game of Thrones final season has come. Both the cast and fans are ready to say goodbye to these beloved characters. Recently, the cast recalled their journey playing their characters in The Cast Remembers. Here are some of the best behind-the-scenes stories they revealed.
1. On the first day filming Game of Thrones, Emilia Clarke almost fell off her horse in Belfast. She actually yelled, "Please stop filming!" and started crying shortly after.
2. The biggest challenge for Emilia was the huge scene where Daenerys speaks to hundreds of extras in Dothraki.
3. Emilia would channel something happened in her real life into Daenerys. She said, "Daenerys is a tapestry of my entire adult life," for every major scene of Daenerys's reflects some aspects of Emilia's real-life struggles and triumphs.
4. The first scene Kit Harington shoot was his walking down the rampart at Castle Black. He said he had never been that nervous but was glad to start with a simple scene.
5. And Kit's favorite scene was, of course, Jon's scenes with Ygritte. That makes sense as Rose Leslie is now his wife.
6. Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams' favorite scenes were always Arya and Sansa being together, especially the scene where they reunited in Season 7. The duo kept laughing while filming the scene.
7. The most shocking scene for Sophie Turner was Ned's death in Season 1. From that point on, Sophie realized no one was safe.
8. Maisie Williams' first day on set involved flicking the pigeon pie at Sophie.
9. One of Lena Headey's favorite scenes is when Cersei and Robert have an "honest" conversation about their marriage in Season 1. She said it was unexpected to have these two characters be so open and honest.
10. Peter Dinklage originally thought Game of Thrones was a fantasy show, and he preferred portraying "real people." But now his opinion of the fantasy genre has changed, saying "It's the most realistic show that I've ever done that also happens to have dragons."
11. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's first scene as Jaime on set was Robert Baratheon's arrival at Winterfell. During the scene, Mark Addy, who played King Robert, was wearing so much clothing that he couldn't get off his horse.
12. Nikolaj's favorite scene was when Jaime and Brienne were alone in the bathtub together. There, Nikolaj saw a different side of Jaime. Also, he loved working with Gwendoline Christie.
13. Isaac Hempstead Wright said the moment that shocked him most was Hodor's "hold the door" moment. It was also one of the most difficult scenes to film for him.
14. Iain Glen's favorite day on set was when he filmed Jorah's fight in the pits of Meereen during Season 5. His daughter was there, watching him fighting. And Jorah's "yellow golden shirt" that he always wore was his favorite costume.
15. For John Bradley, the first scene as Samwell in Game of Thrones is his first thing ever professionally filmed. And the scene when Sam encounters the White Walker is John's favorite scene.
16. For Rory McCann (the Hound), the fondest memory on set was when he first tried to get on his horse, Fat Bob, and it didn't cooperate at all.
17. Rory didn't know the details of what happened inside the hall during the Red Wedding until he watched the episode. He was then shooting his scenes outside with Maisie.
18. The scene where Jaime pushes Bran out of the tower was actually filmed three different versions. Each version had "various levels of nakedness from Jaime."
19. While filming the scene where the Starks find the direwolves, it was actually pouring rain and almost impossible to shoot.
20. And finally, Kit knew Jon Snow wasn't really dead in the Season 5 finale. Everyone who had died on the show previously got a phone call from creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, but Kit didn't.
Subscribe to our newsletter. Plus, get access to the latest and greatest content from Fitdib.